Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

What shoes for a crawler 9 months

(12 Posts)
summerlovinggirl Wed 01-Nov-17 19:39:14

Advice needed here. My DS is 9 months and crawling/ pulling himself up and just starting to occasionally cruise along the sofa/ furniture.
What shoes should I be getting him. I wasn’t planning on getting shoes till he was walking but he constantly takes his socks off and his feet get really cold now we’re getting to winter.
My childminder took him to a play group today and has suggested he needs something to keep his little toes warm. I’ve looked at Clarke’s but the shoes look quite stiff and are all bloody expensive! Don’t really want to spend much but also don’t want him cold.

user1474462227 Wed 01-Nov-17 19:47:35

Have you looked at those soft booties. They are really warm. Can be worn over socks etc

blamethecat Wed 01-Nov-17 19:49:28

Try mockons they are warm socks with a soft leather type some.

Phillipa12 Wed 01-Nov-17 19:49:57

You need robeez, think that how its spelt, none of my 4dc ever got these off and they have such lovely designs!

Nightfall1983 Wed 01-Nov-17 19:51:29

Mothercare crawling shoes are fab, my DS was in them until he outgrew the biggest size - they are very flexible, big toebox and quite suitable for walking in too.

However if he takes his socks off consistently I wouldn't hold my breath for keeping shoes on smile

NapQueen Wed 01-Nov-17 19:51:46

Sleepsuits from Next with the little rubbery dots on the soles. Socks underneath.

SpinnerDryer Wed 01-Nov-17 19:52:58

The best I found after trying loads were;

www.star-child.co.uk/babyshoes

They never came off all day &

Sainsburys moccasins slippers with suede bottoms, & the sock all in one - about £4.

ownedbySWD Wed 01-Nov-17 19:56:00

I love love love Padraig slippers for babies. My ds is 10 months and cruising. They keep his feet lovely and warm, and they are so soft and flexible.

I also like robeez and may get a pair as well..... 🛍🛍

Silverthorn Wed 01-Nov-17 19:59:53

Sock_ons or Slipper socks with leather soles; moccasin type.

summerlovinggirl Wed 01-Nov-17 21:03:59

Thankyou for so many ideas - will start looking at these ideas. I’m also happen to be going to a Sainsbury’s on Friday so I can look in there.

DeadButDelicious Thu 02-Nov-17 14:35:17

I love Dotty Fish, they are like soft leather bootie things. The suede sole gives a bit of grip for cruising and they have tonnes of lovely designs.

twoundertwox Thu 02-Nov-17 21:39:07

You really don’t need shoes until baby’s actually walking around. The longer in bare feet the better. If it’s a case of just keeping his feet warm, I’d try something like the mock ons (think that’s what they’re called). It’s really important their shoes are well fitted at this age, even too tight socks can affect the growth and formation of baby’s feet. I would suggest getting him properly measured, Clarks will do this with no obligation to buy. Try and get a shoe as soft as possible. Pre walkers or cruisers.
Have been fitting kids shoes forever smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now