Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it ok to bathe baby every night??

(10 Posts)
Jengib Wed 01-Nov-17 10:02:09

Hi everyone I have a ds who is 5 months old, at the minute we have been bathing him every 3 days but I have noticed that he seems to sleep better on the nights that we give him a bath. I want to get him into a proper routine for bedtime but is it ok to bath him every night? Has anybody else done this from a young age?

ktkaye Wed 01-Nov-17 10:06:34

I did with my son - doesn’t seem to have adversely affected him. He loves bathtime! (And always seemed to be grubby enough to merit it). I know lots of people do the every other day thing and if DS has sensitive skin I would too but in the grand scheme of things if he enjoys it, it doesn’t dry out his skin etc and it calms him I don’t see the issue. X

Anatidae Wed 01-Nov-17 10:07:19

Yes of course it’s ok. You don’t need soap or harsh products but a nice warm bath of an evening is a great way to wind them down.

The thread will now fill up with people who wash only when the moon is in opposition to Jupiter, and insist they don’t smell, that water dries your skin etc etc.

It’s nice to be clean, op, splash away!

Dauphinoise Wed 01-Nov-17 10:07:52

I did, because like yours he slept better. I just didn't use any bath products. I simply bathed him in plain warm water.

Anatidae Wed 01-Nov-17 10:08:35

Dermatologist advice for dry skin/ eczema by the way has changed recentlybto acknowledge the role bacteria and fed cells play - a short lukewarm bath daily is now recommended in many cases rather than not washing

VampireLatteDrinker Wed 01-Nov-17 10:12:27

We did every night until ds was about 4 as it helped signal the wind down to sleep time. You don't need soap or shampoo every day.

user1493413286 Wed 01-Nov-17 15:35:10

It’s fine to do, keep an eye on his skin and if you notice any changes then stop the bath every night or use less or no products on his skin

JKCR2017 Thu 02-Nov-17 15:59:59

My children have had baths every night since being babies! It's absolutely fine!

singingpinkmonkey Thu 02-Nov-17 16:38:18

I bathe my son every night and he is almost 10 months. He loves it and it's definitely not affected his skin.
I can recommend the Child's Farm Bubble bath. It's very gentle and smells Lovely! X

2014newme Thu 02-Nov-17 16:39:53

I did mine once per week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now