Talk

Advanced search

Having a day off work? Nervous and guilty about ringing in?

(6 Posts)
knockknock1 Wed 01-Nov-17 07:02:31

Hello, I went back to work in July part time.
I do 2.5 days a week in a supervisor role so not much at all. Partner works full time in management.

I woke up at 4 feeling so so sick and now I just feel rotten.
I've been sick twice but it's mostly retching. I feel very hot one minute but will feel freezing the next.

Baby was out of sorts yesterday, quite hot and very irritable. She slept fine last night so not sure how she will be today.

Today is a full day at work 8:30-6 and I really don't think I can stand all day feeling like this.

I feel so guilty about having a day off? Will my manager judge me? Should I just man up and go in? I feel like a little girl at school again confused
I'm actually worried about ringing in.

intheairthatnightfernando Wed 01-Nov-17 07:04:46

Of course you must ring in, don’t stress. I do understand what you mean about feeling bad calling in sick when you are part-time, I felt the same when it was me, but you can’t choose when you are ill and no-one would expect or want you to go in when you obviously have a bug and it would be contagious. Hope you feel better soon.

Maya12 Wed 01-Nov-17 07:06:32

Others won't thank you for coming in and spreading it around, sounds like a bug to me. Rest up, hope you feel better soon!

Chottie Wed 01-Nov-17 07:10:49

Please, please do not go into work. It sounds like a horrible virus and no-one will thank you for sharing this with them.

Stay home, stay warm, stay hydrated and I hope you feel better soon.

knockknock1 Wed 01-Nov-17 07:25:55

You've made me feel better, thank you.

I feel like I'm being a wuss! I keep thinking 'am I ill enough?!'

My managers not the easiest person when it comes to time off work, when people in my team call in sick she always bitches about them and says they are pulling sickies confused so I know how she will be behind my back.

I'm now insanely nervous about ringing in! No one will be there until 8 so I'll ring then. confusedsad

youarenotkiddingme Wed 01-Nov-17 07:38:14

I'd ring and and say "very sorry but I'm not well enough for work as I have a sickness bug".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now