Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Swearing at a child

(12 Posts)
user1499288566 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:01:45

My partner swore at our child the other day , it made me so angry but sad also , she was playing up over her tea , he got angry got up and went over to her and said " get the f**k up, get in your f******g room now " when would you ever want to do that to a child

pallasathena Mon 30-Oct-17 20:07:50

You don't. That's abuse, verbal and emotional abuse. Its also a deal -breaker. At least, it would be for me...
Additionally, have you ever heard a three or four year old come out with a stream of disgusting, filthy expletives? they pick it up at home evidently and share their new words at nursery and school....do you want to be that mother constantly apologising for what your child says?
tell that apology of a twat /partner/whatever/ to shut his filthy mouth and get back to the sewer he came from.

Fosterdog123 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:11:14

Disgusting behaviour and completely unacceptable. Is this the first time he's ever said anything like this? Is it out of the blue and totally out of character or not particularly unexpected?

Walkingonsunshine1992 Tue 31-Oct-17 05:49:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Walkingonsunshine1992 Tue 31-Oct-17 05:51:30

pallasathena Tue 31-Oct-17 18:48:32

Minimising much Walking?

Walkingonsunshine1992 Sat 04-Nov-17 09:55:52

pinkliquorice Sat 04-Nov-17 10:03:14

Using it in that tone and in anger is never okay, does he usually loose his temper and shout at her like that?
How old is she? was there any back story to this incident?
In terms of swearing in front of children, I do in front of my 22 year old have done since she was probably 13 but my little ones under 10, nope never and no excuse.

Mrstumbletap Sat 04-Nov-17 10:21:14

There was a big thread about it this ages ago about swearing and shouting at children. It’s not respectful, and it teaches them to speak like that is ‘ok’.

I hate it when parents tell children to ‘shut up’. I think it’s so rude, I think stern tones and a strong look is enough without using swear words and being disrespectful. They are children, they are learning, they will get things wrong and test our patience. But it’s our job to deal with it without swearing and being rude.

I dont swear at my colleagues, I don’t swear at my kids. But I have a mouth like a cocky builder in general conversation with my friends! grin.

shelley1990 Sat 04-Nov-17 16:25:08

That’s not acceptable at all. Using disgusting language in front of a young child is not ok! You should talk to him about it and ask what was wrong that day for him to speak like that?!

Walkingonsunshine1992 Sun 05-Nov-17 04:41:45

Tracey1313 Sun 05-Nov-17 16:31:09

I would have to admit that when my little one’s are being particularly naughty I might be swearing in my head but never ever directly act them. Just think how it’d make you feel as an adult if someone said that to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now