Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Crying baby

(9 Posts)
Bethanyasia123 Sat 28-Oct-17 03:14:11

I need help! From day one my little one has been a very unsettled crier he cries the majority of the day, I took him to the hospital they said it was colic so I got new bottles and that settled then it started again they then said he wasn't getting enough of my breast milk so I done a top up of formula and now he is completely formula fed, I've changed his milk as aptamil did not agree with him he's now on hipp organic, I really don't know what else to do I've been to the hospital and doctors loads of times and they say babies do cry, I know they do but he cries a lot and gets in hysterical fits of crying i don't know what else to try he's 15 weeks old should I try weening him and others a risk and see if that satisfies him? No hate please I'm just looking for some answers or some help x

browndollXo Sat 28-Oct-17 07:28:03

I feel for you I really do. My little one is a few months old now and all they done was scream and cry wouldn't take bottle then would gets into like fits like your saying. They have started to come out of it now. It more just noises than actual crying ovs very frustrated and also dc had colic but not as bad sorry not very helpful but they will get out of it. Lots of rocking and back rubbing and singing helps me 💋 all the best x

browndollXo Sat 28-Oct-17 07:29:08

Also I bf then had to give that up too as was being fussy hence the "I don't want bottle awkwardness" hope you can sort it out x

melissagabrielle Sat 28-Oct-17 07:33:45

I really feel for you too, it is so hard when they cry and cry! All I can think of is if it is bad wind/reflux? That’s when my 2 week old baby cries and nothing else can soothe him. May be worth trying Infacol drops from the pharmacy (they take a day or two to start working), putting his mattress on a bit of a tilt so baby isn’t lying flat, and winding so much after a feed (lying my baby flat and doing “bicycle legs” helps as well as usual back tapping). Loads of cuddles for little one, poor little thing. And stay strong! With little sleep and a baby to look after, it’s really tough on you.

INeedNewShoes Sat 28-Oct-17 07:36:19

It sounds really tough. It will get better though!

17 weeks is the absolute earliest a baby can start weaning and that should be under the guidance of a medical professional. It's also unlikely to help at this stage.

How much of the day is he crying for?

bulldogmum Sat 28-Oct-17 07:39:19

Have the doctors mentioned any possibilities of reflux or cows milk protein allergy?
My LG has it and would cry 18 hours a day. It was draining, I really feel for you. The nhs doctors sadly dismissed it as colic and said to just keep taking turns caring for her with my DH. In the end we went private, she was diagnosed immediately and given meds and prescription formula. The change within 24 hours was incredible and within a few days we had a happy relaxed Baby. Could your little one have these? Maybe look up symptoms for reflux and silent reflux as well as cmpa and if they match go back to docs. Or do you have the option to go private for a consultation? Once diagnosed all prescriptions are given via ngs.
So sorry for you and sending hugs.xxx

KatyN Sat 28-Oct-17 07:44:39

My second one was a crier. She’s just a bit more highly strung than my first. I think it’s natural to try and ‘fix’ it but it might just be that it’s all a bit too much for him at the minute.
In a month or so he will calm down and tou’ll Have a new challenge!

But defo take turns with someone else to care for him or you’ll go crazy.

And we are now approaching the terrible twos. I am way calmer about her tantrums having listened to so many tears as a baby!
K

Bethanyasia123 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:26:14

Thankyou so much everyone for all your advice I’ve been to the doctors they think it’s silent reflux got to go back on Monday hopefully something they can do to help him bless him!

FATEdestiny Sat 28-Oct-17 21:41:56

Could you try a dummy?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: