Talk

Advanced search

Bronchiolitis

(4 Posts)
Lules Fri 27-Oct-17 20:00:21

My baby came down with bronchiolitis last week when he was 3 weeks old. His breathing kept going weird and he went a bit blue a few times so we ended up in hospital a couple of times and he was admitted overnight for monitoring, although luckily he didn't need oxygen. He's a lot better now but not completely over it.

I wasn't too stressed about it then but I am now looking back on it. I hate it when his breathing goes fast/ sounds difficult and I feel helpless as there's nothing I can do. Why am I stressed now when I know he's going to be absolutely fine and is it normal to feel like this?

Peachesandcream15 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:59:50

He's so tiny still, it's overwhelming when they're so small and you feel so responsible for keeping them alive! I remember not being able to sleep listening to every tiny noise my DD made. Go easy on yourself, see how you feel in a few weeks.

Lules Sat 28-Oct-17 11:46:46

I know. He's so much smaller than my first baby too so he seems much more delicate. And tiredness doesn't help.

tinymeteor Sat 28-Oct-17 18:48:40

Go easy on yourself, you've had a scare. You probably didn't feel stressed at the time because the mind just gets busy coping with what's in front of you. I've been through something similar and it only hit me afterwards how worried I'd been.

Try not to panic, you're bound to be vigilant about his breathing now but he'll most likely bounce back quicker than you! And if you're worried about his symptoms coming back, get him checked, after all you know what to look out for now.flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now