Talk

Advanced search

Ex has announced his girlfriend is pregnant but not told our son.

(4 Posts)
JKCR2017 Thu 26-Oct-17 17:38:10

Sooo, a few days ago my ex announced him and his girlfriend were having a baby. I'm his Facebook friend so it came up on my own Facebook. I thought it was a bit odd that he announced it on Facebook before telling DS but figured he's waiting to tell him soon. DS is only six and not on Facebook obviously.

So a few days of gone on. I've been expecting my ex to arrange to see DS and tell him he's going to have a baby brother or sister. We've heard nothing.

Today, bump into Mrs Gossip in the supermarket who is Facebook friends with both me and the ex. Exctiedly asked DS if he was looking forward to having a new baby brother or sister. Awkward... DS now knows and it wasn't his dad who told him.

Tbh, he's not really that bothered about it. Not really mentioned it but still, I think my ex could of arranged to take DS to tell him...

I know my ex will get funny because DS found out before he told him but it really isn't my fault in the slightest.

I feel like texting my ex asking why he's told his Facebook friends and his son? Or should I just wait and see??

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Thu 26-Oct-17 17:40:50

What would be best for your DS?

Your ex is being a dick. But you know that! Probably best to let him know you ran into someone who mentioned it and suggest maybe he arranges to see him soon and makes a fuss of him so he feels included.

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Thu 26-Oct-17 17:41:52

I wouldn't ask why. There's no possible reasonable answer IMO.

JKCR2017 Thu 26-Oct-17 18:14:14

he only usually sees him for 2-3 hours at the most on most weekends but I thought he could arrange to see him a little sooner just on this occasion...

I'm pretty certain that the girlfriend doesn't like my son for whatever reason, so I'm pretty sure he will be seeing him even less once baby comes along - especially if they are going to be living together (which they aren't at the minute as far as I know).

Bearing in mind, he lives three miles away. I think it's terrible he hasn't made an effort to tell him! 😢

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: