Talk

Advanced search

How often do you play?

(2 Posts)
MumofBean Tue 24-Oct-17 18:19:48

How often do you play with your children?

Our child is 4 and I work full-time. By the time I am finished, organise dinner and bath I am exhausted.

I feel I don’t play enough and wondered how often every one else plays with their children? I try and do atleast 30 mins in an evening and obviously more at the weekends

MoHunter Tue 24-Oct-17 23:18:32

Oh dear. I have a 3 y.o. and a nearly 1 y.o. and I work from home, 3 y.o. goes to preschool three mornings a week. On preschool days I do most of my work and only get to play “properly” with them between lunch and afternoon nap time - maybe half an hour to one hour, sometimes a bit more in the evening if there’s time after dinner/before bedtime (rarely). Otherwise I tend to “start them off” with an activity or find them toys/items to play with and explore for example while I cook, work etc. Working from home of course I do short play bursts “in between” stuff so it’s a bit hard to quantify.
Non-school days we go to a playgroup and one morning I usually take them out somewhere (park, softplay, shopping etc). I do feel I don’t play with them as much as maybe I should, but things are just too busy most days and it’s much easier (and less messy) to just take them for a walk or something.

I think as long as you spend some time playing with them surely that has to suffice - having meals together, walking and reading bedtime stories/singing are just as important IMO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now