Talk

Advanced search

Joie Highchair - Which one to buy??

(20 Posts)
Samila Tue 24-Oct-17 11:17:54

Hi all

I am looking to buy a highchair for my baby and could really do with some advice. There are so many on the market and so it is hard to know where to begin. However, I have been recommended the Joie brand. I am in double minds as to whether to buy the Joie Mimzy Snacker or the Joie Mimsy LX? Main thing for me is that it stores away slim as space is an issue. But I also like the fact that the LX has adjustable height settings and I don't think it's that much bulkier than the snacker.

Any advice appreciated. Both seem to be on offer at the moment with little difference in price - keen to hear people's experiences.

Thank you x

Nottalotta Tue 24-Oct-17 11:25:51

Have you sent them in person? I have the mimzy 360. It's great, but very bulky. And a nightmare to clean.

northdownmummy Tue 24-Oct-17 11:34:07

We’ve had a few different ones and on all honesty the best is the one from IKEA. Easy to clean, can be taken apart for storage or transport and cheap cheap cheap

BzyB Tue 24-Oct-17 11:37:05

Ignore and get Ikea antilop. Easy to clean, light, packs up small if needs to travel and cheap.
I did look at other chairs but so many crevices for food to get into

Mol1628 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:37:53

Ikea antilop

FormerlyFrikadela01 Tue 24-Oct-17 11:40:50

I have the snacker. It's a fucking pain in the arse to clean and is quite bulky when out. It does however fold up which is why we got it.

When we move next millennium at this rate im hoping for a bigger kitchen and will get the cheap Ikea one.

Nottalotta Tue 24-Oct-17 11:56:33

The ikea one is indeed cheap but I couldn't leave ds sitting in it while I washed up for example (across the room) as he could tip it over from about 10 months

welshweasel Tue 24-Oct-17 11:58:32

Wow, impressive skills for a 10 month old! Mines most two and as long as he's strapped in tightly he can't escape or tip it. Most hi chairs have a bar for their feet, which enables them to stand up and escape!!

Nottalotta Tue 24-Oct-17 12:00:57

I know . I do have bloody massive children though. Pil have the antilop, he tipped it back . Landed against a chest of drawers luckily.

Bluebelltulip Tue 24-Oct-17 12:14:56

I've got the mimzy and like it.

Summerdays2014 Tue 24-Oct-17 12:38:41

I had the mimzy snacker. It was ok, but big when up, difficult to clean and I didn't like the buckle system. Replaced with an IKEA and sold it on gumtree. My son is now 21 months and sits at the table with a booster seat.

Samila Tue 24-Oct-17 13:00:42

Thanks all xx does anyone have the mimzy LX highchair?

repetitionrepetition Tue 24-Oct-17 15:51:30

the best one is the £15 ikea job. i discovered it 2 days after i bought a ££££ big stupid paddy frilly contraption from mothercare that is impossible to clean angry

DesignedForLife Tue 24-Oct-17 20:24:20

We had the mimzy snacker. There is a little flap under the babies bottom where food goes and gets stuck and goes mouldy. After washing, bleaching, scrubbing many many times we took it to the dump and bought an IKEA antilop. Perfect, wipes clean, easy to move, kid comfortable, job done.

Bewiser Tue 24-Oct-17 20:36:48

I looked at these Joie ones too. Also looked at the IKEA one but didn't make it to IKEA - ended up buying the Bebestyle Classic from the Asda baby event for about £12 why is similar to IKEA but maybe better. After borrowing friends' fancy padded high chairs, I have learned she A) does not need the padding B) definitely would never need a tilting function and C) the padding is a nightmare to clean. I really thought the expensive ones are better but the simple, wipe clean, no padding ones really are best. You need to scrub it down 3+ times a day for the foreseeable future and the mess gets EVERYWHERE. Don't buy one where crumbs can hide!

wobblywonderwoman Tue 24-Oct-17 20:46:48

I had two DC with 14 months and had a joie chair. It was bulky and difficult to clean. I ended up buying a second antilop and never used the first.

Honestly. Amazing for the price. Every restaurant has them for a reason - no grimy corners. I used to out mine in the shower.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 24-Oct-17 20:47:49

Home bargains have a wooden one that also looks great if you don't want the antilope. Look on thier website.

TillyTheTiger Tue 24-Oct-17 20:52:37

I got an expensive padded 3 in 1 reclining height adjustable highchair, it was brilliant for the 8 weeks or so when I first started weaning and DS was still slightly unstable sitting up. After that I hated the bloody thing, took up half my kitchen and was a nightmare to clean. So I bought the ikea antilop and LOVE IT!

skankingpiglet Tue 24-Oct-17 22:58:59

I've got a Baby Bjorn at home and an Antilop at the GPs. Antilop wins as an all-rounder as it's so (so!) cheap and easy to clean, but I have to say if you are looking for a chair that has a compact fold then the Bjorn is great. A lot more ££ than Antilop but with no straps or padding it's really easy to clean, and the fold is much easier than the faff of taking off the Antilop's legs. I also don't like the lack of foot rest on the Antilop.
As for Joie being an especially note-worthy brand for highchairs, I didn't even know they made them until I saw this thread! I thought they were just a car seat and pushchair manufacturer.
I second going to look at them in the flesh before you buy.

Cutesbabasmummy Thu 26-Oct-17 11:16:51

Get the IKEA Antilop one. Its fabulous. We had another one which got discarded in favour of the antilop. You can pic them up cheap on Gumtree or Facebook sites too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now