Talk

Advanced search

Baby refusing morning milk?

(5 Posts)
FatRedCrayon Mon 23-Oct-17 08:45:22

DD is 7 months and recently dropped her final night feed. However she is barely having a lick of milk in the morning. She feeds at 7pm and a dream feed at 10:30pm so should be hungry by then! She has breakfast as well (usually an hour or so after milk) but not enough to make up for it.

She's breastfed so my boobs could really do with her feeding by the morning. Plus I'm worried my supply will drop with such a long break between feeding.

Does anyone else have experience of a baby simply not hungry first thing? She has 3 other daytime milk feeds which she's usually ok with. I don't want to drop the dream feed just yet as she's only dropped her last night feed so recently.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 23-Oct-17 09:53:40

How often is she having solids OP? If it’s more than once or twice a day, I’d cut back on the solids smile

thethoughtfox Mon 23-Oct-17 09:56:34

My dd was never hungry until a few hours after she had woken after sleeping from 7-8. I wouldn't worry about it.

FatRedCrayon Mon 23-Oct-17 20:16:22

She has 3 meals a day plus snacks... the same as the toddler. Her portions are, obviously, much smaller and sometimes she doesn't want much at all. If she was skipping milk in the day I could blame it on eating too much but it's always first thing she doesn't want milk. It doesn't seem to be doing her any harm and she usually feeds ok the rest of the time so maybe it's just what she's like, it's just odd as it's at the point she should be hungriest!

WhatwouldAryado Mon 23-Oct-17 20:25:22

It shouldn't affect supply if there are other milk feeds going on regularly. My toddler feeds only in the morning at the moment but when he demands milk at another time there is some there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now