Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal to find your 4 year old irritating?

(4 Posts)
Bananasplit47 Sun 22-Oct-17 17:03:49

I feel so awful writing this. I love my DS aged 4 dearly, but my god he annoys me something chronic. We have been away for a long family weekend away and got back today. All weekend his behaviour has been diabolical, mainly due to lack of sleep in a new place.
I see other families enjoying lovely days out and I feel so envious because DS constantly has to be told not to walk on the road/don't touch that/stop spitting. It's exhausting and I'm not sure where I went wrong.
If I have a day off we can't spend more than an hour in the house before he's climbing the walls, and it's not for lack of things to do.
But when I take him somewhere, he can't behave.
I'm constantly exhausted because he still doesn't sleep well on a night, and we have said definitely no more children. I'm so tired that I find everything he does annoying.
I just want to enjoy being a mum and I feel terrible for DS, like I've failed him. sad

lornathewizzard Sun 22-Oct-17 17:12:02

Kids are irritating to be sure. But tiredness (his and yours) will be a massive factor here. Is there something fixable with his sleep do you think?

Bananasplit47 Sun 22-Oct-17 17:15:19

Not sure lorna. It's been the same since he was born - 5 wake ups is a good night for us. 😴

lornathewizzard Sun 22-Oct-17 19:58:55

Jeez that must be rough. Maybe worth posting on the sleep forum here for some advise?

There is no doubt that my DD3s behaviour is worse when she’s tired, and my tolerance for it is next to zero when I’m tired. Which just makes everyone cranky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now