Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ds stinks!!

(16 Posts)
Prusik Fri 20-Oct-17 07:04:06

Ds is 9mo. He's has a cold this week and now a wheezy cough. My massive issue is he really really smells. It's like the stench is coming out of his pores. I'm pregnant and pretty sure no one else can smell him. Even holding him causes me to want to hold my breath! Please tell me this will pass! Is it just the cold or will I be repulsed by my baby forever?!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 20-Oct-17 18:38:59

Do you think he could have a chest infection?

abbsisspartacus Fri 20-Oct-17 18:39:50

It's his throat most likely my d's stinks too

knittingteapot Fri 20-Oct-17 18:45:13

My son smells, particularly when he's ill! He's now nearly 3. Some nights, his room is so smelly when we go on to check we have to leave the door open. The health visitor said she'd never known parents to be able to smell their kids so strongly, but didn't think it was anything to worry about for now. Just that he might be a particularly smelly teenager... Can't wait for that!

abbsisspartacus Fri 20-Oct-17 21:53:35

My son gets tonsil stones too

Catlover1812 Fri 20-Oct-17 22:43:01

How pregnant are you? In early pregnancy I had a real issue with body odour. A lot (but not all) of people smelled like stale alcohol or that they hadn't washed. The train was my worst nightmare. I was so sensitive to snell. A lot of people were colleagues who didn't actually smell! Wondering if it could be that??

Believeitornot Fri 20-Oct-17 22:45:42

I think we can sense the change in our dcs smell when they’re ill. Probs more so when you’re pregnant.

Keep an eye on his cough in case it doesn’t improve in a few days as it could be a chest infection.

Aquamarine1029 Sat 21-Oct-17 02:33:35

It could be because of your pregnancy, but I would be concerned about infection.

Prusik Sat 21-Oct-17 07:50:53

I'm really interested that you've all said infection. Yesterday his cold developed a slight wheeze. He now wheezes when he cries. It's not awful and I'm not worried but the cough is developing.

I'm 25 weeks pregnant but have a killer sense of smell.when pregnant. I do think it's just me that thinks he smells and I also think it's related to the illness. It only seems like a mild cold but something is developing out of it. Couple more days and it'll be clearer whether it needs medical attention but at the moment I don't think he does.

It's his breath more than anything that I can't stand.

BeerBaby Sat 21-Oct-17 07:57:01

I can tell when my kids aren't well because their smell changes. Especially when they've got an infection. I can't describe it but it's definitely there.

I couldn't stand the smell of dh when I was pregnant. He used to make me gag 😳

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 21-Oct-17 07:59:30

I'd get him checked out,that sounds like an infection.

Prusik Sat 21-Oct-17 09:08:40

My housemate is a paramedic so I'm in good hands. I'll get him to check him over in a bit. Thanks.

I'm not worried it's anything serious at the moment

PamDooveOrangeJoof Sat 21-Oct-17 09:10:39

He could have an infection and a viral wheeze. Take him to the doctors he may need an inhaler

PamDooveOrangeJoof Sat 21-Oct-17 09:11:16

If he get a chest recessions at all or his throats starts to suck in when he is breathing get him to the hospitals asap

Prusik Sat 21-Oct-17 16:58:54

He seems a lot better this afternoon. Just a cough now..how quickly things change. He still smells though! Hopefully will ease as he starts to get better!

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Sat 21-Oct-17 17:03:18

I would get his throat looked at. As a child my breath could have knocked over a donkey whenever I got tonsillitis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now