Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Full of a cold with a 3 month old

(4 Posts)
segc94 Thu 19-Oct-17 18:21:49

My baby is approaching 3 months old.
I am absolutely full of a cold and have all the symptoms - cough, stuffed nose, headache, achey joints. My partner was able to get the day off work today to look after little one but tomorrow he will have to go back to work.
I really don’t want to infect her with the flu. What can I do?! What are the chances of her getting ill if I make sure I take all the precautions before hand? (Washing hands, making sure everything is sterile etc..)
She’s perfectly healthy at the moment and would hate to give her the flu.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 20-Oct-17 21:09:09

How did you get on?

ODog Fri 20-Oct-17 21:44:47

It’s a bit inevitable. If you are bf she will be protected by your antibodies somewhat but babies will (and should) get exposed to and catch several colds in their baby/toddler/childhood. Unless she has some sort of medical problem whereby it’s dangerous for her to catch common viruses then I would do what you have to do and try not to stress.

Changerofname987654321 Sat 21-Oct-17 17:47:41

My friends GP told her that babies are expected to get 12 colds in their first year. As odd as it sounds she needs to get colds so her immune system starts to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now