Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lumpy formula milk

(12 Posts)
Lwarnock Wed 18-Oct-17 04:37:01

Just noticed that a new tub of Aptimel 1 formula milk is leaving a thick residue in the bottle. Is this normal?
I am using a tommee tippee prep machine so the tempreture is preset to dissolve the powder.
DS has just been prescribed gaviscon for acid reflux and I'm worried some of the does is left in the bottle with the residue

MrsOverTheRoad Wed 18-Oct-17 08:23:56

Do you not shake his bottles?

Lwarnock Wed 18-Oct-17 08:44:44

We are using dr brown bottles which says dl not shake formula- stir in gently sad

pastabest Wed 18-Oct-17 08:48:52

I found aptimil always did that if you put the powder into a damp bottle before adding the hot water.

In fact aptimil in general was really bad for leaving a residue inside the bottles.

I switched to the Aldi own brand formula and the problem stopped.

timeforbedsleepyhead80 Wed 18-Oct-17 08:52:01

We never had this with Aptamil and the PP. I never shook it, but when I put the powder in the hot water I swirled it very firmly until it was dissolved. Shaking caused too many bubbles!

I'd only put the gaviscon in once the bottle is made completely and you can see the powder is dissolved.

timeforbedsleepyhead80 Wed 18-Oct-17 08:52:49

I also used Dr Brown's bottle BTW - game changer for my little refluxer!

dantdmistedious Wed 18-Oct-17 08:56:50

Is there gaviscon in that bottle? That's what it does - you need to really really dissolve it and if it sits too long it goes like that.

We found vigorous swirling better than shaking to keep air bubbles from forming.

Lwarnock Wed 18-Oct-17 09:12:07

Ahhh it could be the fact thr bottles are out the steriliser. I just made one with the powder after the shot of hot water and no lumps smile I also added the gaviscon at the very end and still no lumps smile thanks all

timeforbedsleepyhead80 Wed 18-Oct-17 09:25:38

Were you doing powder first then hot water? Should definitely be the other way round.

Lwarnock Wed 18-Oct-17 13:26:34

Yeah I was but will definately do water first from now on smile

RedBlu Wed 18-Oct-17 13:30:19

We always do hot shot first then power, swirl to mix, add the rest of the water and haven’t had any issues with clumping

RedBlu Wed 18-Oct-17 13:30:36

Powder not power

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now