Talk

Advanced search

DD goes to London tomorrow on school trip, I'm terrified :(

(5 Posts)
autismmumwithafamily Tue 17-Oct-17 18:16:20

Hello, someone tell me I’m being ridiculous.
DD goes on a 2 day school trip to London tomorrow. She is 8. They are staying in a hotel in pairs and she’s with a friend who is a bit of a rule breaker too.
Why am I so scared when she is so excited?! I’m trying not to show it but there’s no contact the whole time sad
😭😱😬

ArcheryAnnie Tue 17-Oct-17 18:19:20

I totally understand, OP - mine is much, much older than yours, and still I worry when he's away from home.

But I bottle it up inside myself as I don't want to spoil him having a fantastic time! As your DD will, I have no doubt.

TempStamos Tue 17-Oct-17 18:21:28

Totally normal to feel like that, I still worry when my teens are away. She will be fine though and have lots of fun. ( I also also always sneak my 8 and 10 year olds of with phones for school trips so I can text wink )

dantdmistedious Tue 17-Oct-17 18:21:36

8 is young for an overnight isn't it? I wouldn't like that at all. I wouldn't let my two kids stay in a non interconnected room to mine at 8.

snozzlemaid Tue 17-Oct-17 18:25:34

Perfectly normal to feel that way even though you know she’ll have a great time and be fine.
So, you put on a brave face to not show her how worried you are. You wave her off and find it somewhere within you to trust the teachers that she’s going with.
You then spend every day she’s away worrying and wondering what she’s doing. But you will know that if you don’t hear anything all will be fine.
Then before you know it she’ll be back home and you can have the biggest hug and hear all about it.
That’s the way I’ve always felt anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: