Talk

Advanced search

Too big for kids clothes...too small for adult sizes!

(11 Posts)
mountainwalker Mon 16-Oct-17 17:07:52

Can any body suggest where I go for clothes for my 12 year old DS? He is a big lad.....not hugely overweight but has quite a big tummy and thighs. He has been wearing shorts all Summer bless him ...elasticated waist/saggy baggy ones. Apart from his school trousers he now has NO trousers that fit. He absolutely hates jeans and has always worn part elasticated kids trousers. We have started going to the gym to help with the weight issue but he still needs trousers! Men's trousers are too long and don't have any elastic obviously! Any suggestions for best shops/websites for him? I don't mind taking trousers up...I can sew just enough to do that ! Oh...and just to add an extra dimension I have a limited budget!!! Thank you so much.

chiocesarenevereasygirlsworld Mon 16-Oct-17 17:10:39

I have no idea but what about primark for cheapness They may have some
men's bits that are cheap enough for it not too matter too much if you mess up.

eyebrowsonfleek Mon 16-Oct-17 18:36:30

H&M do teen sizes (up to size 14 years +), M&S do teen sizes (up to age 16)

With tops just go for men’s section. XS is available at H&M

CurlsandCurves Mon 16-Oct-17 18:42:38

I feel your pain, DS was like this in year 6, I had to get him school trousers for 'sturdy' children. Like your DS he hates jeans, none would go up beyond his thighs anyway and he had a belly too.

Outside of school he wore jogging bottoms. It frustrated me no end that I couldn't find anything else to fit him, but he was fine with it and luckily we didn't have any events requiring smart dress.

Now he's just turned 12 and has shot up and slimmed down.

eyebrowsonfleek Mon 16-Oct-17 18:43:09

How tall is your ds?

GreenGoblin0 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:03:18

hm do "generous fit" trousers. I think other shops do too

IveGotBillsTheyreMultiplying Mon 16-Oct-17 19:07:33

Next do a plus fit up to age 16?

GoldenMalicious Mon 16-Oct-17 19:16:40

I've found that it's near impossible to pick up clothes in the shops, but there are still online options. We've bought DS's clothes from Next and M&S mostly. Luckily, he's now 14 and can fit in some men's XS.

BlueCowWonders Mon 16-Oct-17 19:22:15

I’ve spent a long tine hemming my ds trousers after having to buy to fit round the waist. Hasn’t improved since he’s got older as he still had short legs -I’ve just got better at hemming! He hasn’t fitted into eg M&S School trousers since year 6/8.
But fortunately he prefers shorts

Pikmin Mon 16-Oct-17 20:35:48

My son loves the regatta trousers we got him for scouts, he was the size between the kids stock in Go Outdoors and the adults, but I got some on Amazon. They have zip off bits to turn into shorts and I think the colour was called ash.

mountainwalker Tue 17-Oct-17 10:23:51

Thanks so much for these answers....I am particularly intrigued by the Next plus fit.....we don't go to many places requiring "proper" trousers so tracky bums are fine most of the time!
Have a great day all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: