Talk

Advanced search

Cot Bed Suggestions

(3 Posts)
Samila Wed 11-Oct-17 10:54:48

Hi all

I currently have the Chico Next to Me crib. However, want to move my baby to his nursery and own room when he turns 6 months old.

Firstly, is that the recommendation I.e to move baby into another room at 6 months or has it gone up to a year?

Secondly, there are so May cot beds out there - any ideas on which are the best out there - ideally want one that will last a few years at least?

Any advice much appreciated

Xx

mindutopia Wed 11-Oct-17 13:00:05

I'm not sure about the recommendations for keeping baby with you. We bedshared full-time to 8 months and then continued most of every night until our daughter was 3.5, which worked great for us. I suspect it is at least 6 months. There is often a massive amount of disrupted sleep between 6 and 12 months (teething, separation anxiety phase, big developmental jumps in language and crawling/standing/walking), so don't worry if you end up delaying it or moving back to sleeping together for a spell. As long as you're getting sleep, that's what matters.

We had a cot bed from Mothercare that we were really happy with. Our daughter slept in it in the early evenings and part of many nights from 8 months. We moved it to the bed setting at 18 months and she still sleeps comfortably in it now and she's going on 5. I'd probably be able to keep her in a bit longer, but she'll be getting a single bed shortly as baby #2 is arriving in the new year.

It's similar to this one, though technically don't think they make the one we bought anymore so this is a slightly different style: www.mothercare.com/cot-beds/mothercare-darlington-cot-bed/LX2177.html?dwvar_LX2177_color=White&cgid=nursery_cotbeds#sz=12&start=28

BertieBotts Wed 11-Oct-17 13:01:30

6 months is the minimum recommended time to keep them in your room but it's also okay to do it longer if you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now