Talk

Advanced search

Shouting!

(8 Posts)
Cowbella Tue 10-Oct-17 17:34:29

Hi, my daughter is 27 months, the last couple of days instead of speaking she seems to be shouting, not in anger, just shouting everything so loudly. She doesn't have to compete for attention as she has no siblings and I'm not sure how to deal with it. I have tried explaining to her that shouting isn't nice and to speak quietly and I'm sure she understands but isn't listening. I try not to get cross with her as them I'm shouting (well speaking loudly!) telling her not to shout but I had my mum over this afternoon and it was just embarrassing. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should be dealing with this? It's just Another phase right?? confused normally she is very sweet natured!

cornishgirl17 Tue 10-Oct-17 18:26:49

Sometimes it's best to ignore it and hope she forgets about it. All children are different but I find the more I mention something, the more likely my children are to do it! But they get bored of ignored!

My 27 month old DD has been high pitch screaming the last couple days - in excitement not having a tantrum!

Ragusa Tue 10-Oct-17 18:34:24

Some children just are very loud. I have one like a foghorn and one with a normal register smile Dad and granny are the same. Lots of shhhhh ing in our house!

If it is very recent and very out of character could her ears be blocked up?

justme93 Tue 10-Oct-17 20:00:08

On of my sons talks very loudly, I'm forever telling him to turn the volume down. He's actually responded a couple of times saying I'm using my lovely megaphone vouce😆 I think some kids are just louder than others.. I also think he may get it from me!

Cowbella Wed 11-Oct-17 07:00:42

Thank you all for your replies, I will try ignoring it today if she does it and see what happens! May also invest in some good ear plugs!

DoraChance Wed 11-Oct-17 07:05:31

My son is a foghorn too. I sometimes tell him to use his inside voice which generally works for about three seconds before he’s shouting again. I really don’t think he can help it!

Chchchchangeabout Wed 11-Oct-17 07:10:45

Is it possible she has trouble hearing?

Cowbella Wed 11-Oct-17 07:15:39

Hm, good idea about the blocked ears and hearing trouble but I don't think so. She is very astute and seems to hear everything, but if it continues it is definitely something to bear in mind that I hadn't thought about, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now