Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly broody again?

(3 Posts)
Tokillamockingalan Tue 10-Oct-17 14:52:48

I always wanted a big family if I was lucky enough. But having had 2 kids I found it much harder than I thought - I struggled with PND and felt very lonely for a long time. But that passed. DH always only ever wanted two so I happily accepted this would be our family unit. Recently I've not felt quite right, so I did a pregnancy test to rule that out (I am on a very effective contraception so it was doubtful buy say,proms were similar) as it resembled how things felt when I conceived. But when it was negative, I felt a definite twinge of disappointment and now that feels it's niggling at me. DH is resolute on no more kids so I haven't talked about this as I'm wondering if it will pass, but it's on my mind at the moment. I am 37 so not getting any younger, and my eldest starts school next year.

Has anyone else had this and is it a phase?!

InDubiousBattle Tue 10-Oct-17 21:34:33

Bumping for you op so that someone can come on and say how it passes with no side effects. We have 2 dc, I want another and dp doesn't. An anti-broody pill would be goo right now.

user1471546851 Tue 10-Oct-17 21:59:33

I have 2 dc I only wanted 2 and my eldest has just started school too.
But I am sooo broody rite now! . My DH is happy with our 2 or he'd be happy to have a third so he's not the issue.
I also found have 2 stressful and manic and they are close in age so when I keep thinking about having a third I think do I really want to go through that again!!
I'm hoping the feeling will pass (soon!!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now