Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Does anyone else feel like this?

(6 Posts)
FraggleRock77 Tue 10-Oct-17 10:57:32

DS nearly 4 so not in school until next Sept. New DS 9 weeks. I just feel like I'm forever juggling and picking our new baby up and down, with limited special time each day. I'm one of three, being the youngest, so I'm sure this happened to me but does it get better? Feel like I'm not offering either of my children quality time and just fire fighting to keep the day going and to make sure they're both fed!!x

FraggleRock77 Tue 10-Oct-17 19:08:05

Bump!

DandySeaLioness Tue 10-Oct-17 19:27:14

I have a 3.5 year old and a 4 week old so I can relate to what you’re saying, although I don’t think I have an answer!
I definitely feel that I’m not giving my toddler enough „us” time at the moment. I try to involve her as much as possible so she doesn’t feel left out and sneak time with her in when baby is asleep. DP has taken over bedtimesand that’s become their special bonding time. Hopefully it will get easier with time!

GoldenMama Tue 10-Oct-17 19:52:38

It gets easier smile
Keep smiling and know you are doing an amazing job! wine

FraggleRock77 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:08:49

It's just such a juggle! Thanks for posting x

Chattycat78 Thu 12-Oct-17 22:13:29

Ha. Yep.i feel like this consistently. Mine are 2.8 and 16 months (17 month gap). It's a massive juggle all the time! It's early days to get used to it if your baby is only small.

What I did- nursery for 2 days a week for the older one while I was on mat leave. He loved it, it gave me a break, and it gave the new baby time alone with me. Everybody wins.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: