Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to take him docs?

(11 Posts)
Mittens92 Sat 07-Oct-17 18:34:19

My son has been ill for over a week now. He started getting a cold before he started nursery so I don't think he got it from there. Anyway, he is congested and his chest sounds rattly like he needs to cough and he keeps constantly vomiting his milk and food whenever he does eat anything! An hour or two hours later, he coughs then the whole place is filled with vomit...! He won't sleep properly, he keeps crying all the time and just won't settle and I am getting really tired now sad do I need to take him Monday? I was told that it was normal but for this long I can't handle anymore!

artiface Sat 07-Oct-17 18:53:38

He sounds really unwell, if he can't keep things down he could easily become dehydrated. I'd call NHS Direct for advice.

GreenTulips Sat 07-Oct-17 18:57:34

Take him to out of hours doctors

DD has been hospitalised with similar this week and the ward was full

popthetoast Sat 07-Oct-17 20:48:22

How old is he? He sounds small. Ring 111z

minipie Sat 07-Oct-17 20:51:08

Sounds like bronchiolitis possibly, which can be pretty serious. Esp if he is under 2. Do ring nhs direct, and don't be surprised if they tell you to go to A&E. if you do go to A&E take overnight stuff. Good luck.

minipie Sat 07-Oct-17 20:51:40

Sorry I should add - serious but very treatable in hospital.

Blueberrysandgrapes76 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:52:04

Ring 111 and get an appointment with an out of hours doctor

Mittens92 Sun 08-Oct-17 16:26:47

thanks for your replies everyone. He is a lot better today he has kept fluids and some food down which helps but we are definitely taking him to the docs tomorrow x

DesignedForLife Sun 08-Oct-17 17:08:53

Keep a close eye on him if he's little- babies and toddlers get get dehydrated quickly. Also watch for signs of struggling to breath - rapid breathing, or sucking in under the ribs. As mentioned above bronchiolitus is a nasty bug in young children, and typically gets much worse on day 3 (DS had it 6 times last winter sad )

Mittens92 Mon 09-Oct-17 06:43:57

Sorry I forgot to mention he is 1 years old xx

Mittens92 Mon 09-Oct-17 06:44:59

@DesignedForLife omg 6 times sad poor LO! Thats awful.. if this is indeed bronchiolitis then that is horrendous cos it's so horrible seeing him like this. He is better, not as snotty but he does still have a cough. Now I've got a nasty cough too x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now