Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding with implants?

(5 Posts)
Kittykat93 Fri 06-Oct-17 09:42:59

I am being induced with my first baby in around 3 weeks time and really hope to try breastfeeding. Only issue (and it's a huge one) is I had a breast enlargement around 3 years ago and am unsure whether this will prevent me from doing so. Since the surgery one of my nipples has been extremely sensitive ever since so this is also something that worries me as I expect feeding from that side will be extremely painful sad

Has anyone got any experience of this? It would be great to hear any stories of people being able to successfully breastfeed with implants. So far I've spoken to my midwife who has just said I'll have to wait and see.

Thank you smile

Lillygolightly Fri 06-Oct-17 09:56:16

Breast feeding can be painful anyway especially at the start with getting things established. Your implants shouldn't affect breast feeding, since they are recently done surgeons do try hard not to disturb milk ducts etc. I breastfed mine after implants with no issues and my milk came in just fine. As for nipple sensitivity, I've always had very sensitive nipples and do lot like them being touched, having the implants didn't lessen the sensitivity and I found that while breastfeeding wasn't exactly enjoyable for me I did manage to tolerate it.

If I were you, I did give breastfeeding a go if that's how you'd like to feed ideally. However I would have some formula on hand as a back up just in case, and do not feel bad if you need to use it.

HTH

GinUnicorn Fri 06-Oct-17 09:57:36

Hey I have implant and no problems with breastfeeding- apart from sore nipples

Lillygolightly Fri 06-Oct-17 09:58:26

Ps: you could also try getting a nipple shield for your more sensitive nipple so you can switch sides.

Sarahh2014 Sat 07-Oct-17 20:13:05

I have them and I couldn't bf didn't produce any milk not sure if connected to op tho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now