Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1 year old twins.

(12 Posts)
princessx1993 Thu 05-Oct-17 18:34:52

I don’t really know what I’m hoping to get from this. But I’m kind of at a loss. I have twins who are 17 months a girl and a boy! They were a ‘surprise’ shall we say.
My partner and I love them so much!!
He works a lot....he invested into a bar before I got pregnant and now he’s hardly home. I have 2 other stepdaughters who are 11 and 7 who lives with us full time and another little girl who is mine but lives with her dad who is 5! (Complicated huh!)
Now the twins are just that little bit older I’m staring to find things more and more difficult....I find myself counting down the hours till nap time/bedtime. I just don’t feel like I’m enjoying them like I should be 😔 I’ve been to baby groups and they don’t offer much support I’m just at a loss.

2014newme Thu 05-Oct-17 18:41:29

Ask your health visitor where your local twins group is or Google for twin groups in your town or check tamba website. You'll be very welcome.
Why doesn't your 5 year old live with you, do you see her at all? That must be a hard situation

princessx1993 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:01:06

My nearest one is a 45 min drive away 😔
I lost custody 3 years ago...I was in a very bad place and it was what was best for her at the time x

2014newme Thu 05-Oct-17 19:02:05

I would drive 45 mins to a supportive group tbh

princessx1993 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:10:40

That’s all good and well but it’s at 1pm I wouldn’t get back for the school run.....

GandTforme Thu 05-Oct-17 20:07:29

I have 16 month old twins, they are my only children. Sometimes I find myself counting down the hours to bedtime so I think you're brilliant for coping with twins and older kids too! Toddlers are just hard work. I try to just go with the flow and do things I know they like - reading books, going on the swings in the park, riding in the supermarket trolley grin it's unrealistic to enjoy parenting 24/7 so don't be hard on yourself. I struggle with baby groups too, no time to chat when they're both heading in different directions! I'm telling myself (hoping) it will get easier x

princessx1993 Thu 05-Oct-17 20:19:38

I’m relieved it’s not just me! Do you tend to get out with them everyday? X

minesapintofwine Thu 05-Oct-17 20:34:20

My twins are 5 now and much easier. When they were younger I REALLY struggled. Whole days seemed like one long chore and if I went out somewhere I would dread going home to the boring relentlessness!

Everything was hard and I was knackered.

The only thing I can suggest is don't put any pressure on yourself,lower your standards to rock bottom and I promise things do get better and easier! It's very hard at the time but I now know how short a time the worst of it is. flowers

princessx1993 Thu 05-Oct-17 20:43:15

Thank you so much ❤️

minesapintofwine Thu 05-Oct-17 21:01:53

Keep telling yourself "this too shall pass".

GandTforme Thu 05-Oct-17 21:22:42

My twins will only nap in the car so that forces us to get out every day, nowhere exciting usually, we spend alot of time at tesco grin I try to break the day up into roughly 1 or 2 hours, so we'll go out for an hour, play upstairs for an hour, have lunch, quieter play in another room for an hour, then out in car for a nap...I find breaking it down like that makes things more manageable for me and my 2 really love routine x

minesapintofwine Thu 05-Oct-17 22:15:26

Gand I used to like the car naps! I drove all over South Wales with radio on, watching everything and it made me feel connected to the outside world a little bit. Just take snacks and nappies. Sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now