Talk

Advanced search

High chair with newborn seat

(5 Posts)
BentleyBelly Thu 05-Oct-17 09:15:30

Currently expecting our second child and I'm looking for a kind of high chair that will allow the baby to 'join' us at the breakfast bar in the kitchen. We spend quite a lot of time there with my 4 year old dd, eating, drawing, play doh etc and it seems weird to have baby in a bouncy chair on the floor so far away. I know about the Tripp Trapp high chair, it's sooooo expensive and I am looking out for a second hand one but wondered if there is anything else I am missing? Tia

chloechloe Thu 05-Oct-17 09:38:16

We have the Tripp Trapp. It is expensive but the chair itself is worth the money IMO as you get so many years' use out of it. The baby insert is not worth the cost though for the time it gets used so I would try to find it second hand. I found our baby wasn't too keen on sitting in it either but largely because she doesn't like being constrained in anything. I'm not sure I've been much help!

BentleyBelly Thu 05-Oct-17 12:39:20

@chloechloe thank you...it does help! Definitely going for second hand, will keep an eagle eye out on local selling sites.

Sparklyuggs Thu 05-Oct-17 17:35:10

My baby sits quite happily in the newborn insert of the Tripp Trapp during dinner and has done since 5 weeks, building up the time he is in there. The earlier you have the insert the better value it is, which is why I bought it as soon as possible rather than waiting to win one on eBay.

PlugUgly1980 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:07:58

We love the Tripp Trapp too! Two here, for a 3 year old and 22 month old. Both bought off selling sites, but you need to be quick as they go fast. My 22m old still uses the baby insert as he’s such a wriggler and won’t sit still yet so I worry about him falling. Best thing we did was to buy them both so we can all eat at the table together, although not sure I could have justified too at full price!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now