Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Flu jabs for 7 month old

(6 Posts)
chewiecat Wed 04-Oct-17 18:02:09

Hi, do I need to get the flu jab for my DS? I know it's not offered by the NHS, but just wondering whether I should get it for him or not? Any thoughts?

SurfingKitten Wed 04-Oct-17 18:06:02

I'm not sure anywhere will give it to him in the UK. Even after the age of two, it is a nasal spray rather than a jab for a few years anyway.

popcorner Wed 04-Oct-17 20:26:32

A child that age would only get a flu vaccine if they were in a clinical risk group - so if they were immunosuppressed, had heart disease or respiratory disease for example. Routine vaccination of otherwise healthy children would start at age 2.

SurfingKitten Wed 04-Oct-17 22:37:19

But popcorner nowhere privately would give to a child that age regardless. Either the child qualifies for the vaccination on the NHS or else there is no other way of getting it until older.

chewiecat Thu 05-Oct-17 07:15:51

Hmm I'm just on the Superdrug website and they say they offer it from 6 months ...

Kueh Thu 05-Oct-17 14:59:59

I was wondering this as I wanted to get my 8 month old vaccinated, I suppose Superdrug wouldn’t offer it from 6 months if it wasn’t safe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now