Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feel like a terrible mum

(6 Posts)
xhannahx Wed 04-Oct-17 09:45:52

So after waking multiple times in the night, and having 2 night feeds, my 8 month old DD has refused her morning nap.

I have an appointment at 1230 which is an hour away which leaves me with no choice but to keep her up until I leave at 1130 so she will sleep in the car.

She is already completely exhausted, and I feel horrible. I can't let her sleep as

A. She absolutely hates the car, she will scream murder the entire 1 hour journey if she is awake so I need her to sleep.

B. She absolutely will not sleep in her pram whilst out, unless I walk her around for at least 1 hour. I am 4 month pregnant and don't have the energy.

I feel like such a fucking failure!

Smurfy23 Wed 04-Oct-17 22:52:40

You are not a failure nor a terrible mum. Hope your day went ok and dd got some sleep

emma1282 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:08:51

The fact that you are feeling for this itself means that you are a good mom and not a terrible one smile

Handling another child while carrying one is a difficult thing to do.Are you not getting any help from your OH or anyone else?

xhannahx Thu 05-Oct-17 11:23:42

Oh helps when he's not working, and is amazing, but during the week I have no help what so ever, never have, so I am completely alone on that front.

skankingpiglet Thu 05-Oct-17 15:14:32

Don't feel bad, you made the best of a bad choice. An hour of tired grumbling is better than screaming in the car when the baby can't be comforted and you're distracted from the road.

cornishgirl17 Fri 06-Oct-17 19:31:34

The fact you are worried about being a terrible mother, means you are a great mum.

Parenting is tiring, plus the pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now