Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding strike...weaning?

(4 Posts)
Engorged Sun 01-Oct-17 22:07:05

I'm not sure if this is under the right topic but I'm not sure where else is better...

My 10 month old is combi fed and always loved being breastfed. As of a week ago he started refusing the breast. He's being finicky with his bottle too and I know some of it was a bad cold he had but he's better, started to up his bottles but still refuses the breast.

He puts his head against it for comfort but cries and won't latch if I try. Is he weaning off completely? How can I help him if he is? Or help if he isn't and reestablish feeding patterns.

He's teething too which doesn't help...

InDubiousBattle Mon 02-Oct-17 14:11:29

My dd went completely off milk at around this age too. She was mix fed so had 1 bottle of f at bedtime and was bf all of the rest of the time. From 9/10 months she just reduced the time at the breast and gave up completely by 11 months. I just made sure that she had plenty of dairy in her diet.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 02-Oct-17 15:43:32

If he’s teething try him with a dose of ibruprofen and have a bath together smile

Engorged Wed 11-Oct-17 21:05:09

Thank you both. I've upped his cheese and yoghurt. I also tried several baths and the last one he had a tentative feed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now