Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

What do you do with a sick infant at night?

(4 Posts)
bigfishlittlefishtupperwarebox Tue 26-Sep-17 02:01:11

Just that really please. I have a 13mo DD who has managed to not be ill much, but when she is, if she wakes through the night and has been sick, or is just wide-awake? She doesn't seem able to go to sleep with me in the room or being rocked but if she's that awake there's no way she's going to sleep just being left. Do you just get up with them until they are tired again? Any advice much appreciated.

Ames33 Tue 26-Sep-17 02:08:21

I am awake with a poorly 4 year old! Fortunately he seems to be falling back to sleep!
When he was your child’s age, I would just get up with him and take him downstairs (or most likely my hubby would!)
I always found that there was no point in trying to get him back to sleep if he was wide awake as it would just prolong it. If he was taken downstairs and played with, it would tire him out quicker.
I’m guessing that you won’t be going anywhere in the morning as DC is poorly, so you can enjoy a lie in?

Fitzsimmons Tue 26-Sep-17 02:18:31

I think at that age I read a couple of stories to try and redo the bedtime routine, and that usually helped.

I'm currently awake with two children, neither of whom are ill, but both apparently determined to keep me up tonight. Let's hope that we all get to sleep soon.

bigfishlittlefishtupperwarebox Tue 26-Sep-17 02:36:28

Thanks both. It's one of those stupid things, you know there's no choice but to get up really but just wonder if everyone else does too!! Hoping that's her finally asleep (on me unfortunately) and still a bit sicky smelling. Hoping you get some sleep soon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: