Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Can babies throw up from over eating?

(3 Posts)
user1470647613 Mon 25-Sep-17 23:23:41

Hi, I have a 10 month old baby and she hasn't taken too well to weaning. She's still very fussy and mealtimes are very hit and miss. She had a bad weekend and didn't really eat very much but today she ate 3 good meals. After her bedtime milk she threw up everything she'd eaten for dinner, huge amounts of sick, I'm talking puddles of sick. This is the second time she's done this, the last time was a month or so ago.
She was absolutely fine afterwards, and seemed totally unphased.
I think she just over-ate (or more accurately, I overfed her having got excited she was having a good day) and once she started being sick she couldn't stop herself.
Has anyone else had this?

mindutopia Tue 26-Sep-17 12:42:25

Yes, they can. I wouldn't let it bother you though. It doesn't usually seem to bother them. They know what to eat and how much, so as long as you aren't spoon feeding that much or forcing it, I wouldn't change what you're doing. It's just part of the process of getting used to foods.

SeraphinaDombegh Tue 26-Sep-17 12:46:16

It can happen, and I wouldn't worry too much about it - just let baby feed themselves and they'll figure it out. My only cautious note is to keep track of what they've had to eat when they are sick - DS once vomited up a meal and it turned out (after mentioning it at hospital when he was being allergy tested for peanuts) that he was allergic to the kiwi he'd had for pudding. So keep an eye on that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: