Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aldi nappies

(15 Posts)
Starfish25 Sun 24-Sep-17 15:43:25

Hi, has anyone had any problems with aldi nappies? i've used their nappies since my little one was born but since i started putting the size 6 nappies on him, his bum comes out in a rash? Do they put anything in them to help absorb the urine? X

DonkeyPunch88 Sun 24-Sep-17 15:45:05

Hi I've used Aldi nappies with all of mine and no problems so far, we also use Metanium cream from Boots as a barrier cream x

FATEdestiny Sun 24-Sep-17 16:06:13

I've recently swapped to Aldi size six after a decade of pampers. My 3 year old just isn't potty training so I needed to go cheaper.

No problems at all. I did try several supermarket own brands and Aldi was definately best. Not as good as pampers, but half the price so you can't grumble.

TippetyTapWriter Sun 24-Sep-17 16:47:58

They seem to irritate my ds, he gets red skin. Other supermarket own brand nappies seem ok, but not any of the basics or value range wet wipes.

Starfish25 Sun 24-Sep-17 19:23:25

Thank you all for replying. I use Metanium cream too as i think it works better than sudocreme. I'll see how he gets on with these ones even with using the cream, if no better i'll try asda's brand i've heard good things about them x

Thataintnoetchasketch Mon 25-Sep-17 20:35:51

Is he maybe teething? Only reason I ask is my DS has just gone into Aldi size 6s but his last back molars are coming in and he's had a few poonamis

whereareyousleep Mon 25-Sep-17 20:42:58

They gave my DS the worst nappy rash he'd ever had and they were the bigger sizes he had sporadically had the smaller sizes in the past and been fine obviously not tried them since so could have just been one of those things but don't want to risk it again.

Starfish25 Tue 26-Sep-17 07:53:54

Hi, he is teething but he's waiting on his front cainane's - fang teeth (in time for halloween) 😂 yesterday he didn't have a rash it all cleared but this morning he was so sore, he flinched when i put cream on him. I think i'm going to try other nappies for a couple of days see how he gets on with them x

toomanydicksonthedancefloor1 Tue 26-Sep-17 08:08:47

I am one of the few it seems that don't rate Aldi nappies. They don't seem to hold as much for my little ones.Although I shop at Aldi, I do a home delivery of just nappies from Sainsbury's every few months, as they are the best ones for us.

They do bigger packs which work out cheaper than Aldi. They also regularly reduce them. I've ordered some this week and a pack of 60 size 6 is £5.

If you are able to get a midday midweek time slot for delivery, it's only £1 delivery charge.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 26-Sep-17 08:10:44

I found this with Dd2 the bag literally stank too.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 26-Sep-17 08:10:58

That's was 6 yrs ago though

toomanydicksonthedancefloor1 Wed 04-Oct-17 14:24:35

I also found Tesco ones made both my babies’ bums sore.

Mittens92 Sat 07-Oct-17 18:35:17

No problems here. Never leaked or had any reactions x

SummerRayne17 Sat 07-Oct-17 21:02:45

I use Tesco nappies and think they trump both Aldi and Pampers. They are nicely quilted, never leak or irritate my little one, and she is very sensitive. The Tesco ‘Baby loves’ wipes are brilliant as well and only £0.70p a pack! smile

Mittens92 Mon 09-Oct-17 07:07:34

I forgot to mention, I went sainsburys the other day on my way back from work to get milk and realised DS ran out of nappies so I bought Sainsbury's ones cos I couldn't be bothered going all the way to Aldi and finding a parking space as it is a nightmare at the weekends!

At Sainsbury's, I got 72 nappies (or 76.. cannot remember!), for £6 and I must say they are brilliant! The elasticated backing keeps the nappy on so it doesn't become loose as it does due to DS crawling about everywhere and so far, no leaks! I like Aldi and Lidl but with Sainsbury's, the elasticated backing is the biggest advantages of them all. So I think I will be changing to Sainsbury's nappies in future purely for that reason x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now