Talk

Advanced search

Tummy bug

(10 Posts)
archersfan3 Wed 20-Sep-17 13:59:33

This may be a really stupid question...
Toddler has a vomiting bug, and I also have a 5 week old. He sicks up a lot (as his brother did, must run in the family) but has gained loads of weight. His poos are bright yellow, frequent and runny and have been like that since the meconium.
So my question is, if he is already sick a lot and has frequent runny poos, how would I tell if he catches the bug??
Am sure if I'd had a bit more sleep recently I would know the answer to this.....!

archersfan3 Wed 20-Sep-17 17:50:55

PS I should add that I currently have no concerns about the baby or I would obviously have sought medical advice, just wondering what to look out for just in case.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Wed 20-Sep-17 18:52:40

Think he'd probably cry more but if you had one like my first, he couldn't have possibly cried more! smile

Haudyerwheesht Wed 20-Sep-17 19:03:09

I'd say they'd probably be grumpier and maybe hot? Tbh though if they're still hydrated and feeding maybe you wouldn't know??

archersfan3 Thu 21-Sep-17 07:46:58

Hmm, thank you, maybe there isn't a straightforward answer. Especially as their routine/behaviour changes so fast at this age eg we're presumably about to hit the 6 week growth spurt when he's likely to be unsettled/crying more etc.

Cranb0rne Thu 21-Sep-17 19:07:25

Diarrhoea smells bad and is really squirt up the back watery.

SilverLinings2014 Fri 22-Sep-17 09:19:10

He's getting the benefit of all your immunity at the mo so is really well protected against anything bacterial. Even if you catch it he probably won't.

Trust your instincts. I'm sure you'd know if he had it.

archersfan3 Fri 22-Sep-17 10:54:16

Thank you - bad smell makes sense as although runny they're not currently smelly.

EvilDoctorBallerinaDuckKeidis Fri 22-Sep-17 10:58:27

Diarrhoea tends to be green at that stage.

Cric Fri 22-Sep-17 18:57:48

The smell is awful xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now