Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Silent reflux

(7 Posts)
NaughtyHiccups Mon 18-Sep-17 14:09:16

Google has not provided so hopefully somebody on here can help.

Baby is 11 weeks old and for the past week has really struggled with his feeding. He's obviously hungry but after a few seconds pulls away from his bottle and cries so I wind and try again. This goes on for the whole bottle. I've read that hiccups can also be a sign of silent reflux and he has hiccups quite regularly. Just wondering if this is something I need to go to the doctors about or not. Don't want to seem like a paranoid first time mum but can't keep on like this. It's making me nervous about taking him to baby groups etc. as it can be quite embarrassing feeding him in public. I also hate the thought of him being in pain and not doing anything about it sad

JassyRadlett Mon 18-Sep-17 14:12:29

Go! Silent reflux is absolutely awful and there is no point you or your baby suffering in silence. You may have to stand your ground - because DS1 was still putting on weight (despite pulling off and screaming a few minutes into every feed, he'd just start feeding again 45 minutes later) the HV and GP were incredibly dismissive.

I know what you mean about baby groups but if any consolation the other mothers are probably totally unphased by it.

NaughtyHiccups Mon 18-Sep-17 15:20:43

Thanks for reply. Rang doctors and got him an appt at 4.30 today smile

JassyRadlett Mon 18-Sep-17 15:32:49

Oh good. Good luck!

NaughtyHiccups Tue 19-Sep-17 07:20:04

Turned out to be oral thrush! Poor baby been crying because the teat's hurting his tongue. So glad I went!

JassyRadlett Tue 19-Sep-17 17:49:19

I'm so glad it's something so (relatively) simple! Poor baby - hopefully the medicine will give you a really quick resolution.

lol2348 Tue 19-Sep-17 21:54:56

We were in the same boat but since my baby is on babies magic tea his reflux is almost gone with no more arching his body, he takes his breastfeed and won't squirm anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now