Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 year old bed wetting and weeing on sofa / rugs etc.

(7 Posts)
oeufdepaques Tue 11-Jul-17 11:40:52

Dd has been potty trained for almost 9 months. All going fine, very few accidents. She kept a nappy on a night but it was always dry.

Now she wets the bed almost every night (somehow her nappy always leaks but it's the right size) and almost always wees somewhere on the floor at home including on the sofa (deliberate) and on the rug. It's an almost daily occurrence and I'm getting so tired of cleaning up wee and washing her sheets every day.

I'm 36 weeks pg so I think she is being affected by the upheaval of the new baby's imminent arrival. I never get cross with her and we always have a cuddle and I tell her that it's ok but she needs to try to remember to go to the toilet as soon as she needs it. But it's not sinking in and I wonder if it's just a phase or if there is something else I can try. Don't want to put her back in nappies during the day.

Thanks.

oeufdepaques Tue 11-Jul-17 13:00:59

Bump?

Petalbird Tue 11-Jul-17 13:05:28

Is she able to help with the clean up? Our dsd did this a few times on her early visits but unless she was ill she had to clean up which seemed to stop it (other than night time so if she doesn't want nappies she has to help strip her bed he she wees)

Justhadmyhaircut Tue 11-Jul-17 13:10:08

Lots of positive emphasis on the perks of being the big sis I think!!
Maybe a doll with a tiny nappy and some new big girls pants for her?!

amnesty124 Tue 11-Jul-17 13:14:35

Is there anyway it could be a medical issue rather than emotional? e.g it could be a symptom of a UTI or something else? Might be worth a quick visit to the GP to rule it out....

Chwaraeteg Tue 11-Jul-17 13:27:15

I had this with my three and a half year old recently. It went on for about six months, weeing on the carpet whenever she didn't have my 100 per cent full attention. I had always been of the opinion that you shouldn't punish for this sort of behaviour, just make them clean it up / natural consequences etc. Well, like I said, this went on for 6 months and eventually I had enough and started using time out / naughty step when she did this. It worked. Two times was all it took - no longer a problem.

oeufdepaques Tue 11-Jul-17 13:39:36

Thanks for replies.

Don't think it's medical as the weeing on the sofa and also on the floor in her bedroom was deliberate - when I was doing something else or she was in trouble for something else (like drawing on the sofa - another one of her habits). But I may check in with the pediatrician anyway.

I will start involving her more in the clean up, that's a good idea.

I think the night time wees are down to her calling for water when she's in bed. Again, she's attention seeking but always ends up having a big drink. Don't know how to get it of that either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now