Talk

Advanced search

What is this rash? Eczema?

(13 Posts)
UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sun 09-Jul-17 17:16:44

Hi all
Please could you help me identify this rash? DD is 9 months old and well established on solids.
It comes and goes and can affect chest, arms and legs. Lasts maybe a week then nothing for a couple of weeks.
It's dry and scaly but doesn't appear to be itchy or to bother DD. Going to take her to GP but wondered if anyone can help in the meantime.
It's not food related - comes and goes regardless of what she eats.
No new detergent etc.
Tried anti fungal cream for over a week as suspected ringworm and that didn't help
Thanks!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 09-Jul-17 17:18:31

I'd definitely take her to the GP, it does look like eczema though. If you have any Aveeno, we find it helpful for managing our DDs eczema.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sun 09-Jul-17 17:21:47

Thank you, I will give aveeno a try and take her to gp tomorrow (if they gave any apts!).
She is otherwise very well and happy.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sun 09-Jul-17 17:26:35

As a side note, I've given it more thought and it's generally appearing in places her saliva gets to easily.
Obviously she has a wipe down after meals, couple of bib changes a day, and a bath every other day.

watchingitallagain Sun 09-Jul-17 18:37:10

My two year old came up in a very similar rash last week. I think his skin is on the dry side. There's eczema in the family but I've never had to see the GP with it. We'd smothered him in Nivea kids sun cream all over and he came up like this.

watchingitallagain Sun 09-Jul-17 18:37:45

I'm a bit jealous of those lashes as well!

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sun 09-Jul-17 20:04:14

He he! I am jealous of her lashes too! wink

Weebo Sun 09-Jul-17 20:07:57

I would say eczema too. Sweating irritates DS2s so the heat may be making it flare up.

But I'm really just posting so I can say how feckin' cute she is. grin

Mulch Sun 09-Jul-17 20:11:44

Heart swoon what a cutey

Neuroticwoman Sun 09-Jul-17 21:54:17

What a beautiful child! Looks like eczema. Moisturise +++. Hopefully she'll grow out of it.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Mon 10-Jul-17 05:50:50

Thanks all, that's very kind of you! I think she's very beautiful too but then I am biased ☺️

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Mon 10-Jul-17 12:03:28

Update
In case anybody finds this thread in future and has similar concerns.
Took DD to the doctor this morning, who said it was mild eczema/dry patches of skin.
Advised to use emollient wash and moisturise frequently.
Thanks again all!

watchingitallagain Tue 11-Jul-17 20:46:27

Hope it clears up soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now