Talk

Advanced search

Should I tell my daughter she has a half sister? 2 continued

(12 Posts)
tedrekasta Mon 03-Jul-17 17:18:04

Thanks everyone for your help.

The relative of the PM has replied to me - just 5 minutes ago - and explained the situation. Which whilst not exactly pleasant has at least given me an understanding of why the PM doesn't want any contact with our PD.

It hasn't moved on the objective of arranging contact though.

MrsSthe3rd Tue 04-Jul-17 11:10:54

Ted, I have followed your previous thread and just wanted to ask one question for now:

Would you be willing to show your wife this thread?

tedrekasta Tue 04-Jul-17 16:45:14

That's an interesting question MrsSthe3rd.

The honest answer is probably not.

But I suppose I didn't want to be 'withholding ' in the discussion. So, if I had not told the truth about our relationship and current events it would have made it impossible to get useful advice from you all.

CraftyYankee Tue 04-Jul-17 16:49:41

So what did the relative say?

tedrekasta Tue 04-Jul-17 17:13:29

CraftyYankee

I slightly don't want to repeat it for two reasons.

1. It's not direct from the PM herself. Though it is a reliable source.
2. It's particularly negative about my personality - and if I tell the truth about these matters I get slated on this forum. And have been told to 'man up' and 'grow a pair'. Both of which are sexist and aggressive comments in my opinion.

However, for the purposes of the forum I suppose I could say that the gist of it is that the PM is of the opinion that it's better and more normal to be volatile.

tedrekasta Tue 04-Jul-17 23:15:15

Clarification

I pay far in excess of what I am obliged to pay in the way of maintenance payments. Even now when it is slightly reduced by my wife it is still far in excess of what they should be - either by Polish standards or by UK standards.

So whilst my wife has slightly reduced the payments, they are still much more than she is legally entitled to. Which is probably partly why my wife wanted them reduced.

Someone suggested I apologise to the PM. For what? For telling my wife? Surely that was what everyone on the forum thought I should do?

tedrekasta Fri 14-Jul-17 15:59:07

The PM got in touch! Kind of. She sent a photo.

A small step forward I hope! ??

NotMyPenguin Sat 15-Jul-17 10:24:38

I am really pleased for you. This is a small step but hopefully you will be able to make repair, one small step at a time. Also, perhaps this whole episode has brought home to you how much your youngest daughter means to you.

Have you replied?

RollerCoasterProteinSpill Sun 06-Aug-17 05:35:56

Any updates?

purpleviolet1 Sun 22-Oct-17 22:51:42

How’s it going OP ?

RollerCoasterProteinSpill Mon 20-Nov-17 14:30:24

I am so curious about how this turned out. Always hope for a happy ending.

mamahanji Tue 21-Nov-17 13:21:16

Sadly I don’t think there will be a happy ending here as the OP was determined to let his wife destroy his relationship with his secret child, whilst only interested in seeking counselling for himself for his lack of any gumption to do anything morally right by both his children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now