Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Introducing cow's milk

(7 Posts)
user1499015874 Sun 02-Jul-17 18:36:54

Hey mums,
Can anyone please help me I have started introducing cow's milk to my daughter she will turn 1 in 11days but I find she is vomiting after she finishes her feed which is only 3oz per day but I give her cow's milk for breakfast in her weetabix I'm really confused as to what it could be also she isn't feeling to well due to teething could it be that?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 02-Jul-17 18:39:10

If she's feeling unwell and vomiting, could you just swap back to her usual milk for a few days? Also, have I read your post right? Is she having 3floz in total a day?

user1499015874 Sun 02-Jul-17 20:15:45

Sorry I should have been more clear, she is having 3 oz of cows milk and the rest of her feeds are formula.
I'm just beginning to introduce her to cow's milk so she's ready for it when she is 1 xx

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 02-Jul-17 22:09:08

It could be coincidence, especially as she is already having formula, which is made from Cow's Milk and having cow's milk in her cereal.

I'd stick with formula for a few days and the cow's milk on her cereal. After a couple of days, I'd start replacing one ounce of her formula with cow's milk. Do this with each feed and after 2 or three days replace an additional ounce. Do this until it's all cow's milk. Sone babies will swap over no problem, others seem to like this approach.

Don't worry about having her fully swapped over by 12 months. It's obviously a lot cheaper but not a strict "must do". Don't forget too that the guidelines are a minimum of 10floz a day between 1 and 2, so you can even look at starting to drop a feed smile

user1499015874 Sun 02-Jul-17 22:11:08

Awwww thank u so much for that I will definitely try that thank u!!!! It's so difficult when ur a first time mum 😩 thank u much appreciated 😘

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 03-Jul-17 17:31:23

No problem, that's what MN is for smile

IDoDaChaCha Mon 03-Jul-17 17:34:55

When we changed to cows milk I did what EveryoneTalk advised and it worked well. DD didn't seem to notice she had changed over to cows milk by the time the swap had gradually completed. Vomiting feeds may be reflux? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now