Talk

Advanced search

Should I be worried about lack of dirty nappies?

(2 Posts)
SleepForTheWeek Fri 30-Jun-17 21:14:15

DD is 12 days old and ebf. When DD1 was the same age I distinctly remember numerous dirty nappies every day - pretty much every time she fed!! It started similar with DD2 but they have now really tailed off and she seems quite uncomfortable. She had 1 dirty nappy on Sunday, then none until Wednesday, then just one on Thursday and today. I know bf babies can go a while between bowel movements but at this young age I thought they were always more frequent? She strains quite a lot and hates me massaging her tummy. She also passes a lot of smelly (rotten egg) wind. Her weight gain has been good (born @ 6lb15oz and weighed 7lb6oz on day 11) and plenty of wet nappies.
Bf has been difficult and latch is still quite poor but we are getting there.

Midwife didn't seem too concerned because of weight gain and general content temperament but DD2 seems to be getting more unsettled and uncomfortable.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Seeing the HV on Monday so will mention it to her too.

Heirhelp Sat 01-Jul-17 10:07:37

Do you have HV phone number? Ring HV or midwife for reassure as it is not helpful for you to be worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now