Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

20 week old baby is getting up every 2 hours at night!

(3 Posts)
BusyBee2017 Thu 29-Jun-17 04:31:20

DS2 is 20 weeks tomorrow and he is getting worse at night. He seems to be getting up every 2 hours!

He is a breastfed baby.

DS1 used to get up once and go back to sleep at this stage.

Help?

Marzipants Thu 29-Jun-17 04:40:21

20 weeks sucks! I remember thinking that it should be getting easier but it was getting harder.

I think (notadoctor) that one reason is because they're hiring so many developmental milestones. One of my DS used to wake himself up constantly rolling over then getting stuck at this age. It was very hard to deal with, but it did pass, honest.

In the meantime, delegate everything you can to try and get some rest. Good luck!

holdontotheaffirmative Thu 29-Jun-17 05:22:18

20 weeks is such a tough point but hang in there, it will get better. My little boy was exactly the same and boob was the only thing that would settle him at that point. I really didn't want to sleep train, especially before 6 months so I just went with it. To be honest, he didn't get any better and at 6 1/2 months I started a feeble sleep training routine, which actually worked really quickly. I couldn't bear to leave him so I just sat with him and gave him reassurance every five minutes but didn't pick him up. All babies are different but it worked for
Us and he now sleeps from 7:30- 5am (no, not great but so much better than it was!)

Try and catch up on your sleep when you can. You need it to keep yourself sane. Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now