Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

4 year old to a concert

(6 Posts)
Drinkbunny Wed 28-Jun-17 19:21:01

my dd is a big fan of ed sheeran... was thinking of taking her to his concert next summer... by then she wud be 4 and half years old... is that too young? not sure how much tickets will cost so once i know i may decide against if i feel the price us high to pay for a child... but if reasonably priced... wud you take child that young?

JigsawBat Wed 28-Jun-17 19:28:08

I think if it's a big venue with seating, I might if she was a big fan. But I'd also worry about her not being able to see much and it being a waste of money.

Depends on what he's like as an entertainer, though, too. I don't know what Ed's like, but imagine him being quite family friendly. How the act behaves between songs would have to sway my decision. I wouldn't take my own DD to see my/her favourite bands until quite a bit older, for that reason.

LucyLocketLostIt Wed 28-Jun-17 19:37:37

Bit young still I'd have thought. What time would it finish?

FlamingoPrincess1212 Wed 28-Jun-17 19:44:53

Yes!! I went to see girls aloud when I was about 18/19 and there were lots of littles there, I even chucked a girl on my shoulders for her favourite song as her DM was heavily pregnant.
Concerts are generally nice places!

Drinkbunny Wed 28-Jun-17 22:03:04

thanks ladies... jigsaw got a good point about her not being able to see much... this is at a national football stadium... so adults struggle to see actual artists unless in the big screens.. my lil one would not know what's really going on... im better off spending the money on a children's show.

Gizlotsmum Wed 28-Jun-17 22:05:04

There maybe a minimum age limit..lots of venues have them..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: