Talk

Advanced search

Toddler with hay fever

(4 Posts)
RoseVase2010 Mon 26-Jun-17 22:31:01

DS (age 2) appears to be suffering from hay fever, I've had my suspicions for a couple of weeks but my mum has had him for two days and has said he's been better with Piriton.

Do I need to bother the GP with this or just carry on giving him Piriton?

I suffered hideous hay fever as a child so sadly it's likely he's inherited it from me.

I'll be swapping his breakfast honey to local honey.

boopdoop Mon 26-Jun-17 23:03:01

My DS started with hayfever last year when he was 2, husband suffers badly so expected it. I went to the doctors initially to get it on prescription for nursery as they can only give medicine that's on prescription (other than calpol). This means I can get repeat prescription for it for nursery each year if needed, but I just buy it ourselves the rest of the time. I also went to the docs so I could ask if there was anything else I could give or help, but the answer was no so if wasn't very helpful really.

RoseVase2010 Tue 27-Jun-17 07:11:19

I thought that might be the case!

Pre-School already have Piriton for DS as he does/did have a minor food allergy so it sounds like there's not much point seeing the GP!

RoseVase2010 Tue 27-Jun-17 07:11:20

I thought that might be the case!

Pre-School already have Piriton for DS as he does/did have a minor food allergy so it sounds like there's not much point seeing the GP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now