Talk

Advanced search

Heatwave turned anyone else's newborn wild?!

(2 Posts)
ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Tue 20-Jun-17 19:16:12

Ds2 is 17 days old. He was fairly chilled for the first couple of weeks but since the heatwave has started he's been a nightmare - screams constantly, doesn't want to be held/rocked/swaddled/in chair/lying down/in the sling etc etc. He's not really napping in the day and when he does he jerks himself awake after 15 mins. He's been mostly awake from about 2am for the last few nights. He's not finishing his bottles in one sitting anymore either, just grazing on them constantly. I've tried a dummy for comfort sucking but he's not keen. He screams blue murder for milk but then has a few sips and he's done. But then repeats the pattern 30-60 mins later.

I thought I had a high needs baby with ds1 but this takes the biscuit...the change has coincided with the heatwave but I don't know if that's just wishful thinking. Any thoughts? I can't go on like this much longer, it's utterly, utterly soul destroying.

legogeek Wed 21-Jun-17 10:57:31

The weather's going to break tomorrow by the looks of it! Hopefully that will help. I think with the milk, boob milk has all the hydration at the beginning of the feed so he might just be following that pattern - feeding short and often.

My 7 week old and I are camped out in dining room (coolest in the house) with buckets of water everywhere for my feet while feeding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now