Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Bike for two year old..which one??

(9 Posts)
Georgieex Tue 13-Jun-17 20:50:24

Hello =)

It's my daughters third birthday end of month and she'd love a bike..I've found three but i have no clue what one too get her! she doesn't know much about using a bike i dont think either smile

thank you smile

I've found a wooden balance bike, a metal balance bike and a peppa pig bike with stabalizers

Scotinoz Tue 13-Jun-17 20:55:14

We've bought a couple of bikes for birthdays recently. I'd go for the lightest balance bike - that's what we had the most success with. The balance bikes have been good - they can just whizz along and get used to balancing/steering.

MamaWren Tue 13-Jun-17 20:57:01

Get the lightest balance bike - much easier to carry when they get fed up or tired!

Georgieex Tue 13-Jun-17 20:58:14

thank you for replying..is there much difference between a wooden one and a metal one? they both say they are light

CinderellasBroom Tue 13-Jun-17 20:59:12

Lightest balance bike, and the one that will fit - you want her to be able to put both her feet flat on the ground when she's sitting on the saddle (which is different to a pedal bike).

We had a Puky that did both kids (used most days to get to nursery) and is now loaned out to a third child, but I'm sure there are now others out there. When I bought it, it was the only one that was small enough for my rather short 2yo!

CinderellasBroom Tue 13-Jun-17 21:00:21

Metal one will be lighter and more adjustable - ime the wooden ones are too big for 2yos. Have a look in a bike shop if you can, or Sports Direct often have some balance bikes.

Scotinoz Tue 13-Jun-17 21:01:02

Google tells me the wooden one is 2.5kgs, while the metal is 3.5kg.

Plus the wooden is super cute!

Scotinoz Tue 13-Jun-17 21:03:45

Actually, I'm wrong. The metal is 2.7kg. I can't read properly tonight. Echo the others in getting one that fits her, so check her height and the seat heights

Emma2803 Tue 13-Jun-17 21:32:15

Balance bike all the way. My ds is 2 1/4 and has a push along motorbike/ balance bike type only has really wide wheels. They get so frustrated when they want to pedal bit can't and the balance aspect is great for improving their stability. I think the wooden one is gorgeous!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: