Talk

Advanced search

Carobel in SMA Extra Hungry (used to be called SMA White)

(5 Posts)
HollowQueen Thu 08-Jun-17 18:08:06

Does anyone know if you can put Carobel in SMA extra hungry? My littlest has been prescribed Carobel for acid reflux. He's 4 weeks old and currently on 3oz. But he kept wanting more and when I tried him on a 4 oz it was too much for his belly. But the 3oz on the gold (now pro) just wasn't filling him even though he cant handle 4oz yet. So I've moved him over to the SMA extra hungry in a hope it would settle him as its heavier.

But can you put carobel in it as its a milk thickener? Has anyone else used it in the extra hungry?

All my children ended up being moved over to the extra hungry over the years so I'm not so much worried about using it as its worked for my others. But they never suffered from reflux so I've never had to deal with carobel until recently.

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 08-Jun-17 18:13:17

I would speak to whoever prescribed it and ask them, and also find out if the manufacturers of Carobel and SMA have helplines that you can phone to ask.

Emma2803 Thu 08-Jun-17 20:54:28

Yes you can. Sometimes though wanting to feed all time is a symptom of the reflux as their wee throat is burning and the milk soothes it but they take too much and be sick. Poor little mite.

dementedpixie Thu 08-Jun-17 20:58:06

I wouldn't give the hungry milk as it is harder to digest and may cause constipation. Also it may make them feel fuller for longer and they could take less milk than they need. It's not really designed for a baby that young

Heirhelp Fri 09-Jun-17 18:07:29

Definitely don't give extra milk to such a young baby. Speak to your HV about this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now