Talk

Advanced search

nutramigen lipil

(8 Posts)
Kitty399 Wed 31-May-17 17:26:19

Does anyone have any experience with nutramigen lipil and how long it takes to work?
Should it work right away?
My DS was diagnosed with a milk and soy allergy yesterday, so far he's showing no improvement and actually seems worse but he's getting dehydrated and won't eat or drink water.

arbrighton Wed 31-May-17 17:49:47

It will take time for other proteins to leave his system.

How old is he?

Kitty399 Wed 31-May-17 17:51:41

19 weeks so 5 months I believe

Eeeeek2 Wed 31-May-17 17:58:34

It took me 3 days to get my son to drink it, had to swap 1oz at a time. But once he was on it he showed improvement within 48 hours.

Kitty399 Wed 31-May-17 18:19:26

I've just completely changed it since she he's been so poorly on other formulas. He's drinking it to an extent but still fussing like before

Hopefully he'll start showing improvements soon.

Eeeeek2 Wed 31-May-17 19:13:43

Long as he is eating some then I'm sure that's fine. I had to do it gradually as he wouldn't eat any of it for most of 1 day so had to give him regular to get something down him and then swap gradually.

Is it warm/muggy where you are? I ask as my son isn't taking much today as it's been so warm it seems to put him off it. Now it's cooling down he is eating again.

Desmondo2016 Fri 02-Jun-17 22:48:27

When we went onto nutramigen the improvement was instant. Literally like a switch had been flicked. Unfortunately (and this appears to be fairly common ) on day 6 the symptoms returned and we had to go onto neocate which is completely free of cmp unlike nutramigen which does contain cmp just nore extensively broken down than normal formula.

Kitty399 Sat 03-Jun-17 18:26:16

I'm still seeing no improvement other than him suddenly coughing and odd watery poops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now