Talk

Advanced search

Feeling guilty

(5 Posts)
Blisss Tue 30-May-17 21:34:51

I feel like such a bad mum. I have a DS and a DD 18 months apart in age (DS older) and I feel that I'm spending more time with my DD.

DS is in school full time so obviously I have my DD with me more and the fact that she's so clingy doesn't help.

My DS doesn't seem bothered at all, but I feel so guilty, I get upset because I can give him so much love but it still feels like it's not enough for him and he deserves more, just a cuddle just isn't enough. How can I stop feeling guilty? I need to spend some one to one mummy and son time with him which I know will help but again I feel that just isn't enough, I feel like I'm at al loss and feel like I have a lot to make up for for him.

Can anyone else relate?

2littlemoos Tue 30-May-17 21:54:12

One to one is a good idea. How old is he? Make it a weekly thing of going out. Going for short walks every other evening could be nice. It all adds up and you will be closer and your DD will get used to it.

Blisss Tue 30-May-17 22:00:11

He's 5 and that's a very good idea. DD will have to get used to it, she gets upset when I cuddle him. I think it's playing on my mind so much because I actually have DC3 on the way and I'm just a bit anxious. I don't want either of my DC to feel left out or unloved

2littlemoos Tue 30-May-17 22:07:00

I think it's impossible to not feel guilt at times. I remember when DD2 was born and she was constantly feeding at first and I sooo missed giving DD1 cuddles but things smooth out and we just have to find a balance.

Make this one on one time a habit and hopefully you will feel better OP. Enjoy your quality time with DS and don't beat yourself up about it smilebrew

Blisss Tue 30-May-17 22:22:18

Thank you 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now