Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trousers for a skinny, tall 6yo

(10 Posts)
CustardLover Tue 30-May-17 16:50:54

Anyone got any ideas? Poor DS is constantly either in too-short trousers which fit his middle or ones which are the right length but he has to constantly hitch up. Half the time I find drawstrings are just cosmetic and jeans just slip down his hips (the swine). He's a typical 6yo boy so super active and it's annoying for him to have to worry about losing his trousers all the time! Anyone else managed to crack this one?

BlueChampagne Wed 31-May-17 16:23:26

Mumsnet pointed me at Next, which do a skinny (maybe it's slim!) range which have solved the school trouser problem for our skinny DS2 (7). Need to investigate their non-school trousers for the summer hols!

BlueChampagne Wed 31-May-17 16:24:10

You could also just take a tuck in the waistband of tracksuit trousers.

Believeitornot Wed 31-May-17 16:26:08

Most kids trousers have those elasticated adjustments on the inside of the waist? Next and Asda do, to name a couple I can think of! If you look, you see a button and some elastic to pull.

Failing that, vertbaudeut do different fittings of slim/normal/larger and have good sales on.

BikeRunSki Wed 31-May-17 16:27:58

School - Next slim style
Out of school - H&M
Jeans - Gap

I have an 8 yo DS who has the waist of a 6/7 year old and height of a 10/11 year old.

Nonibaloni Wed 31-May-17 16:29:06

I bought the m and s slim fit, then my mum took 3 inches out the waist. It's a nightmare.

I use shorts in summer, age 4 fit waist and length because the lack of bottom balances length.

In winter out door style walking trousers are much much slimmer but it depends how strict the school uniform code is.

BikeRunSki Wed 31-May-17 16:29:31

The thing about pulling in the waist a lot, of putting a tick in the waist, is that you end up with loads of bagginess and flappy legs.

BlueChampagne Wed 31-May-17 16:32:27

Exactly BikeRunSki and a thick waistband is going to be particularly annoying in warmer weather. Will check out H&M for non school trousers though, thanks!

BikeRunSki Wed 31-May-17 21:25:25

DS wears the coloured skinny chinos that cost £7.99 a lot. They don't last forever, but for that price I don't mind.

these

CustardLover Wed 31-May-17 23:09:13

This is great, thanks so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now