Talk

Advanced search

Moving baby into her own room...

(7 Posts)
Whatsername17 Mon 29-May-17 18:38:47

Dd2 is 18.5 weeks old and we are really struggling with sleep. She doesn't really wake, but she chunters in her sleep, I wake and panic and end up interfering because I'm desperate for some sleep and worry about her waking. I do feed her, but I'm not sure if she needs it or if she is just taking what is offered. Dh thinks we are disturbing her and might benefit from going into her own room. We didn't move dd1 until she was a put 8 or 9 months. I don't know what to do. Anyone else move them early? How did it Go?

ceceliajames Mon 29-May-17 18:44:26

Personally I wouldn't - I was terrified about my DD for the first 6 months and had her right next to me until she went into her own room at 7 months. It's up to you and it's not like you can't move her back if it doesn't work, but I know I'd sleep worse worrying about her being in her own room.

Gillian1980 Mon 29-May-17 19:06:20

I moved dd into her own room at 16 weeks.

It was supposed to be a temporary measure... me and DH both had hacking coughs and were waking her constantly. So then she's get distressed and we'd be up trying to settle her. We thought it would be for a few nights until our coughs improved.

Nope! She slept so well in her room that we decided to carry on with her in there.

I was hesitant as I was previously planning on a 6 month minimum but we were all so much happier and more rested.

WhatWouldGenghisDo Wed 31-May-17 22:28:32

I moved mine into his own room about 18 weeks because I was waking every time he sighed and then lying awake for ages trying not to move and wake him. We were both crazed with sleep deprivation and DP was sleeping on the living room floor. DS slept through immediately and was so much happier for it me too I did the same with my second without hesitation.

NapQueen Wed 31-May-17 22:29:15

Could you try earplugs? You will hear her cry but not chunter.

Cutesbabasmummy Thu 01-Jun-17 16:25:55

MY DS went into his own room at 16 weeks... DH and I were woken up by him and he was woken up by us if we had to go to the loo.

Whatsername17 Thu 01-Jun-17 19:12:44

Thanks all. Still deliberating! She had her injections on Wednesday so need to keep her close atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now