Talk

Advanced search

Relocation

(8 Posts)
Denisebn2009 Mon 29-May-17 08:34:02

Morning
My new partner of five years has been offered a job in Dundee. My ex partner who is child's dad, has already said no in written letter form.

My son is eight years old and sees his dad every second eeekend.

His dad has a new partner with a 1year old and is pregnant with another.

I told his dad on Friday verbally about the job and asked him to talk to his own partner about it. H has come back and said no straight away with asking any questions about holidays and access at all.

We would be moving closer to miss u family as I'm f on there. I would have more help from my parents, be working less and would not have a childminder to look after Ben. We both work full time here with Ben going to childminder in mornings and after school, but there I would be working party time school hours and have Ben more. He would see his cousins more.

The father doesn't want to talk about it and keeps saying no no no. He isn't even trying.

Can I get some information please

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 29-May-17 12:19:58

What information do you need OP? Your ex can't veto where you live. Can you drive half way every other weekend for pick up and drop off?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 29-May-17 12:26:49

If you intend to move away from df ( sorry couldn't work out if that's what you mean) then df can stop you going if it will impact on current relationship with his dc.
You can of course take the matter to court for a judge to assist in the decision.

Denisebn2009 Mon 29-May-17 12:31:28

Can he stop me going? Do I need to get a court order?

Denisebn2009 Mon 29-May-17 12:31:55

It's 215 miles away

GreenGoblin0 Mon 29-May-17 12:31:58

how far is where you are hoping to locate to from where you are currently living?

how do you propose to facilitate contact between your child and his father if you move? will eow still be possible? is there currently any midweek contact?

GreenGoblin0 Mon 29-May-17 12:34:35

is there a contact order currently in place? would the current contact be able to continue if you move?

SirNiallDementia Mon 29-May-17 12:35:00

You want to move your son 215 miles away from his father with whom it looks like he has a good relationship and regular contact?

Utterly selfish of you imho. I'm not surprised the boy's father has said no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now