Talk

Advanced search

Daughter nits/lice

(7 Posts)
BeautyQueen3948 Sun 28-May-17 11:39:10

My daughter came home
With lice/nits we've treated her but finding it very difficult to get rid of all the eggs , her hair is so thin that the nits combs don't have any effect on the eggs it's been two weeks now and I've finding I'm having to pull each egg out of her hair anything I can do apart from pulling them out ??
Many thanks

ContraryToPopularBelief Sun 28-May-17 11:44:14

Not really. You need to get the eggs out. The nitty gritty comb is very good for this. Much better than the ones that come with the lice treatments.

Coffeetasteslikeshit Sun 28-May-17 11:46:55

I became a gorilla mum when the kids were little, I used to wash with loads of conditioner then use the normal nit comb, then the nitty gritty comb and then resort to pulling the stragglers out myself. It was quite relaxing I found, once I'd got used to the grimness.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Sun 28-May-17 12:51:40

Invest in a nitty gritty comb. They are pricey but last for ever and so effective for getting rid them.

LIZS Sun 28-May-17 12:55:16

Nitty gritty comb and loads of cheap conditioner. Section off hair so you are working with a small amount at a time.

LottieandMia Sun 28-May-17 12:59:03

I've had this problem. One of my daughters has extremely thick hair so if even 2 eggs get left in it starts all over again. The other day I spent about 2 hours combing her hair with the nitty gritty comb while she stood on the shower.

Movingin2017 Sun 28-May-17 13:09:33

Hedrin once kills the eggs. The eggs will still be visible but won't hatch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now