Talk

Advanced search

Daughter being teased about an accident

(7 Posts)
Cheezues Sun 28-May-17 09:40:24

My sweet 11 year old came out bursting for a wee after her lesson. It was her favourite pudding for school dinners and she chose pudding over a wee. Unfortunately she ended up having both and wet herself in the hall whilst having lunch. The other children saw what happened and started chanting "she's peed her pants! She's peed her pants!" The dinner lady shouted but the whole room now knew what she'd done. They giggled as she was walked out. I couldn't get her to school for a week after that. We are now a month on and she's still being teased. The teacher has spoken to children when she hears it but it's happening in the playground too. Will they move on from it or will they carry it on because of her age?

YorkieDorkie Sun 28-May-17 09:53:01

Aw OP your poor girl. It's traumatic for her undoubtedly but at this time she needs to be taught some skills in resilience. I think you know that the more the children see how it affects her, they will taunt her forever. She has to find a way to own this until they move onto the next poor soul.

Anditstartsagain Sun 28-May-17 09:54:58

I wet myself at 8 because my teacher wouldn't let me leave class the humiliation still stings now. My mum moved me schools (my sister was at a different school so I went there) because I couldn't face going back.

I'm actually cringing writing this even though if it was my child I would tell them not to be embarrassed and move on it was a horrible experience.

ThomasRichard Sun 28-May-17 09:57:20

Oh dear, poor kid. Is she at secondary school or still at primary? I'm afraid she's just got to style this one out. It sounds like the school are doing what they can.

Crumbs1 Sun 28-May-17 09:58:14

Well the harsh life lesson is to not choose the pudding over continence. Of course they'll tease her and the more the teachers have words the longer it will continue. She needs to just get on with ignoring the teasing.

Cheezues Sun 28-May-17 10:01:55

Shes in year 6

ThomasRichard Sun 28-May-17 11:45:59

The good thing then is that she'll soon be changing schools and has a clean break to put this behind her. Until then, can she tell her friends that she had a UTI like cystitis? That might help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now